Entertainment Weekly has released 15 covers of their special double sized Avengers Infinity War issue. These covers show a bunch of super hero match-ups, some quite unconventional. What do you think? Does this make you more excited to see this chapter of the MCU?
Last night, Nintendo showed one of the most innovative, fun, creative, and cost-effective toys ever made for video games. The Nintendo Labo is a series of Do-It-Yourself cardboard creations that can be used with the Nintendo Switch for a whole new experience, and is set to release April 20, 2018. Some of these cool, interactive “Toy-Cons” include a 13 key piano
A fishing rod
And whatever this thing is
The starting Variety Kit includes “two Toy-Con RC cars, a Toy-Con fishing rod, a Toy-Con house, a Toy-Con motorbike, and a Toy-Con piano.” And will be priced at about $70.
The Robot Kit is an entirely different beast. It includes parts that you can use to “build an interactive robot suit with a visor, backpack, and straps for your hands and feet,which you can then wear to assume control of a giant in-game robot.”
The Robot Kit is set to be a little more expensive than the Variety Kit, at $80.
Each Kit comes with game cartridges for the Nintendo Switch.
Is this the future of Nintendo? Is this the future of gaming? Inexpensive-to-manufacture add-ons. Will you buy these Toy-Con Kits when they come out? Let us know your thoughts and opinions in the comments below and on all of our social media.
- Episode 68 // Testing In ProgressPop quiz, hotshot! This week we're talking about the tests that we go through in life, from how we fare to how we prepare. We'll also do which of the following? A) Play a rhyming game B) Discuss the brilliance of Kanye West C) Turn one of the twins into an urban legend monster D) All of the above EPISODE TIMELINE 0.01.11- Welcome and Introductions 0.06.12- If We Were 0.15.24- Rhyme Time 0.17.04- Poopity Scoop 0.27.42- Infinity War Re-Reflection (SPOILERS) 0.44.51 (Spoilers End) 0.46.22 Neff News 0.55.09 The Talk (Testing) 1.49.28 Fear has a new name
- Episode 67 // The Good FightConflict seems to be a foundational element to who we are as humans... but what if God has a different way to look at why we do battle? What if there really is a GOOD FIGHT? Plus we do a little time-hopping and give both our predictions and review of Marvel's Avenger: Infinity War. We had a game, but it turned into a full episode on its own, so we'll post that as a bonus feature on our blog at NerdOfGodcast.com
- Execute Episode 66Amidst speculation that someone is going to die in the Avengers' Infinity War, and inspired by Palpatine's Order 66, we discuss the beauty of life and the inevitability of death. For those who's faith rests in the Lord death is not the end, merely the end of the beginning. With guests Sheena Talavera and David S. Nelson. EPISODE TIMELINE 0.0.56 Welcome and intros 0.6.47 If We Were- Disney Sidekicks 0.18.36 Thanos Demands Your Silence 0.46.41 Twitter game 0.47.58 Who Gon' Die in Infinity War? 0.21.16 GAME: Chicken and the Egg- MCU Edition 1.04.05 THE TALK (Order Sixty-Six) 1.34.27 - Post-creditmania
- SEASON 1.5 // Episode 1We've got a NEW episode in the flavor of Season One as we reunite the ORIGINAL Nerd of Godcast Crew. Whether you've been with us since the start or this is your first time around, enjoy a look at what our show might have been like if The Lovely Tori never left.
- Episode 65 // Annoyed!If you look hard enough, everyone has something that really grinds their gears. Today we're going to look at the right and wrong ways to get annoyed. Plus, we're hanging out with a couple new friends, playing Obama Llama, and we re-review Spider-Man Homecoming for #ISeeYouMCU EPISODE TIMELINE 0.6.24- Jokes with Julia 0.11.52- IF WE WERE TOYS 0.25.44- Neff News 0.32.53- GAME: Obama Llama 0.47.20- I See You MCU 1.21.25- The Talk (ANNOYED)
- Episode 64 // Getting to Know YouThis week we're going to give you a chance to get to know the NOGCast Crew a bit better in a special interview-style episode. Plus Steve-O gets dramatic in tonight's game and we welcome back Scott Higa to chat in this week's #ISeeYouMCU
- EPISODE 63 // HALF FULLThere are many things in our lives in which we fail to see to completion. This week we talk about that, plus a game with some new friends from Youth Pastor Summit and we look back at Captain America Civil War in #ISeeYouMCU. EPISODE TIMELINE 0.08.55- IF WE WERE STAR WARS 0.19.08 Megacon Update 0.21.48 Prayer Requests 0.24.24 Youth Pastor Summit 0.30.57 GAME: YPS10/10 0.50.41 I See You MCU (W/Scott Higa) 1.11.34 The Talk: Half Full 1.27.21 Commercial Break 1.28.28 A Car Bumper Rusting 1.45.37 The Sound of Paint Drying 2.03.06 Our Favorite Brownie Recipes
- EPISODE 62 // WINNINGWe're talking about WINNING- from the Oscars to the Olympics to your favorite Video Game, what does it take to win, how do you know you're winning, and what do you get that makes it all worth it? EPISODE TIMELINE 0.06.36- IF WE WERE KIDS TV SHOW HOSTS 0.09.02- Shout out to new Patrons 0.23.44- Neff News 0.32.18- I See You MCU (W/Scott Higa) 1.06.43- NEFF'S M' BAKU CHALLENGE 1.12.37- GAME: YOU'RE THE BEST AROUND 1.41.54- The Talk: WINNING TONY'S HEROES PLAYLIST ON SPOTIFY https://open.spotify.com/user/thetonyt/playlist/17piw0pl5vnFzpdIYmkbOl
- Episode 61 // Helping HandsThere are times when you just can't do it on your own, and that's when we need a little help, whether it's from a faithful sidekick, a kind stranger, or from the grace of God. We'll talk about this idea, plus a movie title mash-up game, a special call -n guest from the Nerd of God network, and an announcement about where we will be this May 24-27th.
- Episode 60 // Our Amazing Friends (A Valentine's Special)It's the Valentine's season, and this week we're talking about love... not just romantic love (although you might find some of that this week in the most awkward dating game ever!) We're talking "Galentines and Palentines," the friendships that God gives us, plus Scott Higa stops by to talk Thor the Dark World in our I See You MCU.
- Episode 59 // Disney: Life Imitating ArtWe're talking Disney, from theme park memories to beloved songs to all the live action remakes of their animated classics. Special Guests Rodney & Linsdey Cannon and Sheena Talavera. Plus, we discuss Avengers with Scott Higa in this week's I See You MCU.
- Leftovers: Steven and Neff's Favorites from 2017Steven and Neff take over the show and recap their favorite moments of 2017. Nothing good can come of this.
- Episode 58 // RefreshedWe're not about throwing out the baby, but sometimes you've got to refresh that bath water. This episode we talk about refreshing our faith and our fandom. Plus special music by Ben Knight, and we welcome The Christian Nerd Scott Higa to talk about Thor in this weeks #ISeeYouMCU
- Episode 57// 2017 Rewind We take a look back at the year that was and look forward to all 2018 has in store, from both a fandom and faith perspective.
- Episode 56// Nerd of Godcast ChristmasWe get excited about the most wonderful time of the year, so let us be the soundtrack to your last-minute shopping, gift wrapping, hot cocoa drinking, snow angel-making holiday fun. Play fun games as we welcome special guest Ben Knight to share some songs and find out what Christmas is all about!
- Episode 55a// The Last Jedi Reaction (One Shot)The crew got together to see the premier of Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Hear our initial thoughts and reactions. Featuring guest reviewer Cameron from 1 Geek 4:11 and a special Star Wars song by Christian Nerdcore artist Erik Stephen.
- Episode 55// This League of OursWe're joined by the Christian Nerd Scott Higa and together we spoil the Justice League movie and talk about how we all have a place in God's League. Plus: A game called Chicken vs. Egg Our first impressions of Marvel's Runaways and The Punisher The final round of Best Thing Ever
- Episode 54//Eternally GratefulWe review Stranger Things 2, Thor: Ragnarok, and Season One (and done) of Marvel's Inhumans. We discuss the nuanced cuisine known only as Turducken, and the crew opens up and shares that for which we're truly thankful.
- Episode 53a//The Empire Striketh BackA bonus scene of our crew acting out Star Wars, as imagined by William Shakespeare. Steve-O... Han Solo Jessica... Leia Organa Neff... Chewbacca Jackie... C3PO EJ... Lando Calrissian Tony... Guard One
- Episode 53//Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHINGNot everything needs to have the same flavor. On this episode we'll play a round of "Did they Pumpkin Spice It," talk about fast food social media savagery, and discuss the perils of genre-jumping.
- Episode 52 // Fear And TremblingWe talk about the new comic book movie trailers, play a game that reminds us monsters need love too, and as we're in the middle of Halloween season, we discuss the conflict between wanting free candy vs maybe possibly engaging in a satanic ritual.
- Episode 51 // InhumanityThis week we talk about Star Trek: Discovery and Marvel's Inhumans, play Bible Person Place or Thing, and discuss the tragedy of the Las Vegas shooting... not gonna lie, it gets pretty real.
- Episode 50 // Fifty Shades of All-Play (Feat. Andy Kelly & Ben Knight)Not wasting time celebrating 50 shows with nostalgia and all that kind of goings-on, we're going to talk about Hurricane Irma, we meet our hip hop battle winner Ben Knight, and play some boss level trivia games.
- Episode 49 // Too Soon?Welcome to what we THOUGHT was the 50th episode of the NOGcast. In reality it's only episode 49. But that's exactly what we end up talking about... sometimes we try to do things before the thing is ready to be done which usually doesn't work out for anyone. We also announce the winner of our NOGcast rap battle, prepare for a real life hurricane, and mourn the end of #StevenSeason.
- Episode 48 // (Un)CancelledThis week we talk about the great shows & games that were taken away before their time, and how God extends grace that brings our hearts back from the brink of cancellation. Plus first impressions on Netflix's Defenders, the Nerd of Godcast Rap Battle and a special Christian Nerd podcast cameo.
- Episode 47 // Without a Safety NetWELL, WE TRIED... We set out to do a live, video episode. We wanted to do everything in real time, no edits, nothing cut or added... but something went wrong and all we have left is the audio version and a bunch of good intentions. That's what happens when you live without a safety net.
- Episode 46 // The One Where Steve-O Is In ChargeWithout advance warning Steve-O is given the captain's chair for this episode, but with no time to prepare or plan, leading the show can be a challenge... We'll talk Comic-Con, take a spiritual gifts test, and discuss living life by faith, vision and intentionality to reach God's best for us.
- Episode 45//Throwback (for 80s kids)This episode we are on location at Florida Youth Camp. We spend the whole time talking about all the things we remember from our childhood in the 80s and early 90s, and then take a look back at church culture THEN vs NOW, plus BEST THING EVER, OBAMA LLAMA, and our reviews of SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING. Tony welcomes a more seasoned crew in Pastors Justin Stewart, Rodney and Lindsey Cannon, Jason and Dani Wright and Lloyd Smith.
- Episode 44//Brave New WorldJoin us as we step into virtual worlds and imagine what it would be like to live in Skyrim, Star Wars and more. Plus we welcome some special guests.
- Episode 43//Who Do You Trust?Trust can be hard to gain and easy to lose. This episode we'll talk about trusting, being trusted, and wonder if, after seeing Wonder Woman, we can trust DC to make good movies now.
- Episode 42//The AnswerIn honor of this being episode 42 (see The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) we're taking an episode to answer YOUR ultimate questions about life, the universe and everything.
- Episode 41//Love & MarriageOn our Season Three premier we're talking about Love and marriage, from the standpoint of our top nerdy class couples to some of our ever lovin' favorites from sunday school. Plus a celebrity couple name game, this season's Best Thing Ever, and find out how, with the touch of a button, you can win a Nerd of Godcast prize pack.
- Episode 40//This is Forty“I was thinking about how people seem to read the bible a lot more as they get older, and then it dawned on me—they’re cramming for their final exam.” -George Carlin In our Season Two finale we discuss getting old and we quiz some awesome senior adults on their nerd knowledge. This is 40.
- Episode 39 // House of Mouse (feat. Rodney Cannon & Leah Adams)We welcome Pastor Mayor Rodney Cannon and Theme Park Evangelist Leah Adams to join us in a conversation about the happiest place on earth. Disney Piano music provided with permission by Sam Yung. Check out his collection on Spotify- https://open.spotify.com/album/0H4h935ehK7PJZ7ZfBjjlh or on YouTube- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0ZH8G7v5GQ
- Episode 38 // Worst Episode Ever (feat. Hello Revolution & Official NEHS)Nails on a chalkboard. Green potato chips. Talking to someone with coffee breath. With all these unsavory things existing in the universe, some hold the opinion that Christians are worse still. Why the bad rap? Did we earn this? Can we shake it? Plus, we welcome back EJ "NEHS" Nieves and the band Hello Revolution.
- Episode 37 // Alt-TimelineThis week we stare in to the mirror, gazing into the multiverse of alternate timelines, parallel universes and dark dimensions. What choices have we made that have changed the very fabric of our reality and the direction of our history? Also a 4-year-old named Lorelei hijacks the show.
- Episode 36 // Try, Try Again (The Art of the Reboot)Let's talk reboots and resolutions. A new year is a time where we consider the changes in course we'd like to see in our lives, and we talk about how that shows up in storytelling, pop culture, and our faith. Plus the conclusion of Season Two's BEST THING EVER!
- Episode 35(a)//Best of the NOG.castSteve-O and Neff kick off 2017 by taking a look back at some highlights form our first two seasons. It's a clip show. Tell us your favorite moments by connecting with us on social media... we're on FB, Twitter, and Insta @NerdOfGodcast
- Episode 35 // Nerd of God Holiday SpecialPARENTAL ADVISORY: This episode contains frank and direct discussion on the existence of Santa Claus. Just want to make sure we don't ruin any holiday fun for the little ears. It's the most wonderful time of the year! Celebrate the season with your Nerd of God friends, experience the final round of "Best Thing Ever," and allow us to spoil the new Star Wars Rogue One movie for you! Merry Christmas, to all!
- Blue Christmas (A NOG.cast Bonus Game)Neff brings us an encore musical game for our Holiday special that we're offering to you as a bonus Christmas Gift! Be blessed, and merry Christmas.
- Episode 34 // Return of the Sequel (feat. Official NEHS)This week we talk Christmas music, pit Iron Man against Daredevil, play TWO new games, and discover a HUGE secret about Steven and Jessica's past. Also we talk about sequels and why they mostly stink.
- Episode 33 // Crossover (feat. Scott Higa)When a character shows up in a TV show, comic book, movie or game that he or she doesn't belong in, you know things are going to get crazy... Crossover crazy! This week we talk about the best and worst times we've seen universes collide. We also play a rousing round of Punderdome, and we feature special guest Scott Higa, The Christian Nerd.
- Episode 32 // Worthy?Whether it's lifting up Thor's hammer or taking up the cross of Christ, this week we look at what character traits make us worthy.
- Episode 31 // The Art of Sound Vol. 1 (feat. Chris LaRue & Keith Stacey)This week we dive into the movies and games we love and the music that makes them work, plus how music informs our worship and walk with God. This episode features special guests Keith Stacey and Chris LaRue Horton. All video game music used is property of its respective owners.
- Episode 30 // All*PlayIt's episode 30, so it's time for another ALL PLAY! Brace yourself for the excitement of 10-year-old Marvel Movie Trivia, a Neil Diamond inspired sing-along game, and a classic example of why you never let Steve-O use a thesaurus. Also, we unexpectedly had one more person on the show than normal.
- Episode 29 // Of Two Minds (feat. Official NEHS)This week we talk about how sometimes we need to make the hard choice to change our mind on things, even if it means giving something up that we really care about. We also eat the most disgusting thing we've ever had for Snacktime, Everybody. It made us change our minds about a few things. This episode features special guest EJ Nieves, AKA Offical NEHS.
- Episode 28 // TimelessWhy do some things we enjoy stand the test of time and seem to get better with age while others are painfully bad, more than deserving their spot in the thrift store bargain bin? We talk about what separates the classics from the crap. Also, we talk Stranger Things and a Steven brings you a bad, bad rendition of Alexander Hamilton.
- Episode 27 // Hey, JealousyThis week we make out own Favorite 7 Lists, talk a little Pokemon Go, and see what makes us fall victim to the rot that is envy. Then Neff starts taking his clothes off. It's very uncomfortable.
- Episode 26 // Marvel vs DC vs The Nerd of GodcastIn this episode we play a clever word game, we spoil the heck out of Suicide Squad (from the 38 minute mark until the 1:03, in case you want to skip it) and we discuss whether you'd want your spiritual life to look like the Marvel or DC cinematic Universe.
- Episode 25(a) // San Diego Comic-Con (One-Shot)In this one-shot episode, the crew is just kicking back around a table at church talking Comic-Con. New trailers, comics and more! Brought to you by Neff News.
- Episode 25 // All Play!Tonight we celebrate Episode 25 with an ALL PLAY night! Five-Second Rule, Super Hero Scramble, Star Wars Trivia and one of our new favorites, Linkee. Plus, use your imagination to pretend YOU'RE eating Pocky with us for Snack Time! If you like the game Linkee, you should purchase it. Get more info at playlinkee.com
- Episode 24 // GO!This week the crew plays a very hard Bible game, eats sweet Doctor Who themed balls of fat, then tries top burn them off by playing a little game called Pokemon Go. Have you heard of it?
- Episode 23 // NOGSquad Goes to Camp (LIVE)We hang out with the SUPER CABIN winners from the HERO ZERO YOUTH CAMP. This is one rowdy bunch, but we have a fun time celebrating a great week at camp!
- NOG LIVE! Youth Camp 2016 (Wednesday)Tonight we test our guests comic book knowledge, recap the camp drama, and talk about guilty pleasure movies, all the the soothing sounds of ice cream sandwich wrappers being undone. Featuring Rodney Cannon, Jason Wright, Lloyd Smith and Justin Stewart.
- NOG LIVE! Youth Camp 2016 (Tuesday)On location at Florida Youth Camp, we almost entirely fail to discuss how super heroes are their own worst enemy. We do play the Metagame and keep it fairly family friendly. With Special Guests Dustin Alexander, Justin Stewart, and Mayor Rodney Cannon.
- NOG LIVE! Youth Camp 2016 (Monday)On location at Florida Youth Camp, we discuss which super power is the worst. With Special Guests Dustin Alexander and Mayor Rodney Cannon.
- Episode 22 // Who's Your Daddy? (Father's Day Special)On this unusually musical episode, we pause to say thanks to all the great dads who have challenged us, encouraged us, and helped us grow! Plus we go downtown to Noun Town, check out the Neff News E3 wrap up, and dust off a segment we debuted back in Episode 1.
- Episode 21 // Age of ApocalypseThis week we discuss the newest X-Men movie which spins off into a conversation about the real apocalypse. Hilarity ensues. Plus snack time, Neff News, and a Best Thing Ever battle with TV's Will Friedel.
- Episode 20 // Season Two Premier & All PlaySteering into our Sophomore Slump, we kick off this season by introducing new crew members and familiar faces, a brand new producer, and the game night that had no choice but to keep them all together. It's Nerd of God.cast Season Two.
- Episode 19 // All Good Things...On this, our season finale, we discuss the best and worst Easter candy, take beef jerky to the movies, and have our collective hearts ripped out when one of us says goodbye to the Nerd of God.cast for the last time.
- Episode 18(a) // Teen Bible Study (One-Shot)Impromptu recording with some of my friends at our Thursday night teen Bible Study! We talk about Paul at Mars Hill, fact vs opinion, and how to defend your faith.
- Episode 18 // Leaders LeadThis episode we talk about what it takes to be a great leader, re-live some of the best motivational movie speeches, Tori brings in bean-filled honey pancakes, and Spider-Man shows up in the Civil War trailer. Plus, Neff finally pulled the trigger on a major life decision.
- Episode 17 // Mistakes Were MadeNobody is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. No matter what it feels like, our mistakes should not define us. Let's talk about that.
- Episode 16 // Squad Goals"How good and pleasant it is when God's people live together in unity!" Psalm 133:1 This week we talk about how trust, unity, and even conflict in a team can bring us closer together and make us a family. Life is better together. We're joined by special guest Christian Dzadek, host of Youtube's StreetFood!
- Episode 15.2 // All*PlayTonight we welcome back Jessica Terror and enjoy a night of games in our special ALL PLAY episode. Witness as we try out new, untested games and contests. Laugh with the victories and defeats. Silently judge us as we get too competitive for our own good!
- Episode 15.1 // I Choose You (Director's Cut)Talking about L-O-V-E and all the wonderful stuff that goes along with it, with special quest "Cap'n" Jackie Wilson. We try out a new game called SCIRYL and test ourselves to see what our love language is. This is the director's cut, with 15 minutes of bonus audio as we discuss best nerd-culture class couples!
- Episode 14(a)// The List (ONE SHOT)Don't make her angry. You wouldn't like her when she's angry. Neff is back and try as he might he just can't get on Tori's good side. We play Marvel comics trivia and do a Rando Bible Study, but in the spirit of Matthew 24:22 this episode is cut a little short.
- Episode 14 // Them's the RulesAfter the tragic loss of their previous episode (#NOG13 #NeverForget) the crew take a look at the rules that exist in the universe, both those that bring frustration and those that bring freedom. Also, we discover that the lovely Tori might have been a dog at one time.
- Episode 12(a)//WE FLY! Nerdy Christian Music Special (ONE SHOT)Check out this one-shot where we feature music by some more of our favorite Christian Nerdy Artists. Enjoy Big AL Cherry, The JustHis League, Sky Blew and Ian the Gecko. Enjoy the sounds and please support these artists!
- Episode 12 // Game of Thrones (Things That Require Awkward Explainations)In this episode, which incidentally includes no actual conversation on the HBO show it shares a title with, we talk about what we do for entertainment when we are on the potty and why it's difficult to share our faith sometimes. No shortage of awkward this time.
- Episode 11 // 2015 REWIND The crew takes a look back at the 365 days that we called 2015, tipping their hats to the moments that defined the year. From Gotham to Hell's Kitchen, from Isla Nublar to Jakku, we hit the high points of a year that will live in nerd infamy.
- Episode 10(a)//Star Wars Holiday Special (ONE SHOT)Tony T, Steve-O, The Lovely Tori and the Big Man Neff go see Star Wars Episode VII together then proceed to geek out about it all over this One Shot Episode. WARNING: The first 30 minutes is guaranteed spoiler-free... after that PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN THE FORCE AWAKENS! OTHER WARNING: We're pretty sure Tori is in love with Kylo Ren.
- Episode 10 //Other People's MailWe talk about X-Men Apocalypse, play the card game Superfight, and spend quite a bit of time answering your emails. If you like totally random questions, this episode will minister to you in a personal way.
- Episode 9(a)//The Trailer Park (ONE SHOT)A one shot episode where Producer Steve-O and Tony T take a moment to compare and critique some of the newest comic book movie trailers, Dawn of Justice and Civil War.
- Episode 9 //We Could Be HeroesWe discuss the Hero's Journey and how it fits into our favorite stories, we break down the Bible as a narrative, and we play some fun hero games. Also, Samwise vs Frodo: Who is the real hero? Enjoy our uncomfortable debate!
- Episode 8 (THE OCHO)//Pre-Holiday RandomnessOur Nerd of Godcast crew can't quite commit to one topic tonight... perhaps we're too excited about the Thanksgiving Holiday, or getting ready for Megacon Fan Days, or maybe we're just super tired. Let our folly be your entertainment as we go from Street Fighter to Star Wars, from Playworld to Papua New Guinea.
- Episode 7(a)//All-Music Breakdown! (ONE SHOT)This week we take time to break it down with some of our favorite Christian hip hop and nerdcore artists. Enjoy tracks from EL-7EVEN, BIG AL CAPWN, THE JUST-HIS LEAGUE, and our own QUENTIN NEFF. Turn down the lights and turn up the bass.
- Episode 7 // Stage Fright (feat. CT_Rockstar)We proudly present to you a theatrical performance from a galaxy far far away as the NOG.cast crew does a table reading of Ian Doescher's William Shakespeare's Star Wars (http://www.quirkbooks.com/ShakespeareStarWars) and talks about the "stage fright" we sometimes feel when sharing our faith.
- Episode 6(a)//Dressing Up & Dropping Names (ONE SHOT)Tony T flies solo for this one shot episode, talking about cool costumes we saw this weekend, being asked by Neff to wake him up before we go-go, and name-dropping about our celebrity dinner dates.
- Episode 6 // My Future Decided (feat. J-Mart)"I have told you these things before they happen so that when they do happen, you will believe." ~Jesus (John 14:29) We charge our Flux Capacitors and travel to the future, October 21st, 2015. Come talk nerdy with us on an adventure through time.
- Episode 5(a)//Spoiler Alert (ONE SHOT)Tony T flies solo for this one shot episode, wrestling with the "should or shouldn't I" of watching the new Star Wars trailer, how much is too much when it comes to plot spoilers, and how there is little else as wonderful as experiencing the unspoiled gift of story. (This one shot contains no actual spoilers)
- Episode 5 // All Play! (Nerd Trivia Night)We take a break from the discussions and debates to test our nerd knowledge (knerd knowledge?) by playing Chicken v Egg, the Metagame, Siri Says and more! With guest Jessica Terror.
- Episode 4(a)// Podcast Day Bonus (ONE SHOT)It's Podcast day! We're releasing a bonus One Shot Episode featuring a video game review that we had to cut from Episode 4. Plus, stick around to the end to hear an original song by our very own Neff!
- Episode 4 // Drowning in the MainstreamWe celebrate Batman Day by ranking our favorite versions of the Dark Knight, dream up reboots for movies and games, and discuss why nerds are hot but Jesus is not.
- Episode 3(a)// Don't Panic (ONE SHOT)A "fun sized" one-shot recorded after Nerd of God.cast Night at the Movies. We talk movies made from books, books made from movies, movies about the Bible and discover right off the bat that Tori may be a hamster.
- Episode 3 // Wisdom, Courage, Girl PowerEpisode 3 of the Nerd of God.cast... Fantastic Feasts and Where to Find them, Cross-Overs WE'D like to see, and a look at some of the coolest, toughest, smartest characters who all happen to be girls.
- Episode 2 // SacrificeEpisode 2 of the Nerd of God.cast... As a thunderstorm raged all around us, we answer listener questions, play "Old Testament Character or Sci-Fi Alien?" build a Lord of the Rings Theme Park and discuss why sacrifice is foundational to great storytelling. --
- Episode 1(a)// Forging Armor (ONE SHOT)In this "fun sized" episode, Tony T discusses armor forging in Skyrim and Dragon Age, reveals a bit of his love/hate relationship with elves, and gives fashion advice for dancing with Diablo in the pale moonlight. Bonus Feature! Music by hip hop artist and geek EL-7EVEN. Check him out at el-7ven.bandcamp.com
- Episode 1 // RedemptionEpisode I of the Nerd of God.cast, we discuss the video game universe in which you'd want to spend the next ten years, review the new Fantastic 4, and discuss the theme of redemption.
It was reported today the flagship writer for Marvel Comics Brian Michael Bendis has signed to DC Comics. This is a huge acquisition for DC Comics and president/CCO Geoff Johns. Bendis is known for writing beloved storylines for Ultimate Spiderman, Daredevil, X-Men(including the well known House of M story), Secret War, New Avengers, Secret Invasion, Old Man Logan, The Age of Ultron series, and many more.
This brings an extra level of excitement for DC fans, as we await his assigned comic series, while Marvel fans are anxious for someone to fill the huge hole in the roster left by Bendis.
What do you think of the transfer? Are you happy to see Brian Michael Bendis try his hands at DC characters or are you sad to see him leave Marvel? Let us know in the comments below or on social media.
Ever since we found out that the new Doctor Who will be played by actress Jodie Whittaker, and after the parting of ways with loveable 10th series companion Bill Potts, one question was still hanging in our heads: Who will be the new companion? Would they be younger or older? Would they be human or alien? Would they put a female companion with a female Doctor? Or would they keep the male/female dynamic that has worked fantastically, with the roles reversed between the two. This morning, we got our answer.
According to numerous sources, the new Doctor Who companion will be played by Bradley Walsh, known best for hosting the British version of the game show “The Chase”, as well as his role as Danny Baldwin in the long-running British soap opera “Corronation Street”, and as Ronnie Brooks in “Law & Order: UK” (alongside former Doctor Who companion Freema Agyeman, aka Martha Jones).
Walsh brings both an ability to be a humorous character or a serious character, or both. It will be exciting and interesting to see the dynamic between him and Whittaker (who is 22 years younger than him in real life).
With all these questions, we are extremely ready to tune in and watch the answer unfold when Doctor Who series 11 premieres in Fall 2018.
So what do YOU think about this casting choice? Who would you have liked to see as the new Doctor’s companion? Do you think Walsh can play a companion as beloved as Rose Tyler or the Ponds? Let us know on social media and/or the commenta below.
Just a week before the release of his new film, Spider-Man: Homecoming, titular star Tom Holland revealed a crazy development in the MCU.
Well Holland revealed today that that little boy was none other than a young Peter Parker. That’s right, a full 6 years before Marvel Studios made the deal with Sony to add Spidey to the MCU, he was already in one of the films. Holland said in an interview, “I can confirm that as of today. I literally had a conversation with Kevin Feige only 20 minutes ago. Maybe I’ve just done a big old spoiler, but it’s out there now. It’s cool. I like the idea that Peter Parker has been in the universe since the beginning.” This settles a long running fan theory that means that the heroes in this image:
are the same as the ones in this:
What do you think about this new development? Are there more theories you hope become canon? Let us know in the comments below or on social media.